Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Drugstore Wallflower: Bobbie Cosmetics Retractable Eyebrow Pencil

Bobbie Cosmetics Retractable Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown
PHP 119 at Watson's SM The Block
HI! Last week I roamed around malls for some errands and in between I checked out my ever reliable beauty hub, Watson's. I found good finds, but with the few loose change I have I can only spend as much. Screw sembreak. Hahaha.

I was already curious with Bobbie Cosmetics when I saw its cute pink concealer at a Mini Stop store near my place. But since the testers were not accessible (you have to get them from the cashier), I didn't take the chance to buy it. So when I saw a Bobbie Cosmetics counter (with testers, thank goodness), I went straight for it! But instead of the concealer, I ended up taking the eyebrow pencil because it looks like my HG eyebrow product, the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow pencil.

Curious, huh? I was too! Check out this new product after the jump!


About the Product

The eye brow pencil is of a retractable, sword type - same as Etude House's. It even has a spoolie at the other end! From this alone, I had high hopes for this product.

Bobbie's Eyebrow Pencil (bottom swatch) compared to
Pinkies' Collection's eyebrow pencil (top swatch)

Color and Finish

The color of this pencil is impressive too -no red undertone, and the pencil is matte in finish. The color is close to Nyx Brow Gel in Espresso, and despite its shade name medium brown, to me this is definitely a dark brown.

Wearing Bobbie Cosmetics' Eye Brow Pencil in Medium Brown

How to Use

The pencil's "lead" is soft like how most local brow pencils are, so you have to use a really light hand in using this. In the picture posted above I used a very light hand yet it delivered a quite-heavy finish. And I even spoolied it after. 

I find that the way I use my Etude House brow pencil is not quite applicable in this pencil because of the difference in texture. My advice is to use it like how you would a traditional pencil. 
  1. Draw the outline first of the brow.
  2. Fill in the brow in short, wispy, and light strokes in the direction of the hair growth. 
  3. Make sure you brush your brows with a spoolie, because you will have to with a pencil this pigmented.
  4. In case you find it too dark (as I do), top it with a lighter-colored brow mascara to soften up the brow.

Lasting Power

I haven't had an opportunity to wear this out for an entire day, but it lasted well into the 6th hour mark with no fading. 

What I Liked

  1. It's relatively easy to find compared to Etude House. It's even available at Mini Stop!
  2. Cheap at 119 bucks!
  3. Has a built-in spoolie brush.
  4. The color and finish of this pencil is what I want for a brow pencil - brown with no red undertones, and matte.
  5. Good lasting power.

What I Didn't Like

  1. The pencil was too soft. It's goes on too dark even if you use a light hand, hence it was harder to control the amount of pigment to be placed on your brow.
  2. The sword-shaped "lead's" thinner edge will go blunt and will later produce thick lines after a few strokes (because of the "lead's" softness)
  3. As far as I know, they do not provide refills of this one.
All in all, this is a good local attempt to counter Japan and Korea's ever famous brow products - they got the packaging, color and finish down pat, but I still find it hard to use because it's not hard enough. But if you are used to traditional pencils (which usually go on soft), then you should have no problem with this one. 

That's it for the review. Hope it was helpful!

Stay girly! 

Kat





1 comment:

  1. Not bad for the price, we dont have that brand in Cebu yet but I wanna try it out. Hi Katrina! I'm a new follower on bloglovin and I'd love it if you followed back :)

    http://steph-g.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post your girly findings below! I love receiving comments! :D